Left Right

Employees State Insurance (ESI)

Employees’ State Insurance (ESI) Scheme of India is a multidimensional social security system tailored to provide socio-economic protection to worker population and their dependents covered under the scheme. The insured persons are entitled to a variety of cash benefits in times of physical distress due to sickness, temporary or permanent disablement etc. resulting in loss of earning capacity, the confinement in respect of insured women, dependents of insured persons who die in industrial accidents or because of employment injury or occupational hazard are entitled to a monthly pension called the dependents benefit.

For all regular employees earning less than 15,000 per month salary, the employer contributes 4.75 percent and employee contributes 1.75 percent of a total share of 6.5 percent. This fund is managed by the ESI Corporation, which oversees the provision of medical and cash benefits to the employees, through its large network of dispensaries and hospitals throughout India. As per the ESI act, organizations with 10 or more employees has to undergo provisions of the act.

How does the ESI Scheme assist you?

The dependence of an individual on cash income is a characteristic feature of modern economy. An interruption of money income even for a small period is, therefore, a hardship; a prolonged loss of income is indeed a catastrophe. By coming forward to provide health protection and income maintenance in a series of oft-experienced contingencies like sickness, maternity, disablement and death due to employment injury, the Employees State Insurance Scheme tends to ameliorate your economic anxiety and to be a friend in need and distress.